Question

assyst Self-Service Mobile App customization through InTune

• 2 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello. Does anyone have any experience with customizing the Self-Service Mobile App (formerly ACE) through InTune? We are looking to deploy the app to our client base, but need to customize the app icon and name (“IFS assyst” doesn’t mean anything to our clients).

IFS have been able to tell me the key value for customizing the server URL in the deployment, but when I asked about the icon and name I have not gotten a reply.

Thanks,

Duncan

2 replies

Badge

Hello Duncan,

The mobile app is a hosted app in the app stores therefore cannot be customised as it's available to all customers.

This is the nature of the app store applications unfortunately, it's the same application made available via the app store to everyone. If we were to change the name of the application the app would then be updated for everyone using it.

Please confirm if this answers your question or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Venkat

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello. Thank you, we figured it out.

For anyone in a similar situation, the workaround that we have implemented is to set up the app deployment in InTune to do the following:

1. Deploy the assyst Self-Service Mobile App (without the serverURL appconfig, as it does not work)
  2. Deploy a web shortcut URL which points here:  https://<URL>/assystnet?assyst.client=ace

The icon and name for the web shortcut can be configured to any value, and having the “?assyst.client=ace” appended to the end of the URL results in the mobile app launching automatically when the shortcut is clicked. If, by chance, the app is not installed on the device when the shortcut is clicked, the user will be presented with options to launch assystnetmob or assystnet.