Question

assyst ETM - Record to Update using Custom Field

• 21 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, 

I need to update a record in ETM based on a custom form field.  In the below example the custom field is called ASSET-TAG.  It first searches for a Serial Number and if not found I want to search by the custom ASSET-TAG field.  Is this possible?  

Thanks.

T

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

It is not currently possible to directly search for an Item by a custom field value via assystREST, and therefore within an ETM datamapper.

I would suggest raising this an Idea for the assyst Product, specifically for assystREST and assystIPaaS/ETM.

As a workaround, if you could also store the asset tag value in a searchable field, such as one of the User Field Chars (1-10), this would be directly searchable within the ETM Datamapper.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Thank you very much Stephen.  

T

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hello Trevor,

You can log your suggestion in the ideas area :  https://community.ifs.com/ideas

Before saving your idea, enter "assyst" in both the Product Area and Tags fields, to ensure that your idea is registered under the IFS assyst category.

Kind Regard,
Caroline

Hey Stephen,

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to copy the value of the Asset Tag field to the User Field Char 1 field when the Asset Tag value is entered or updated on the form but haven’t found anything yet.  I thought there might be a way through the properties of the field through the customizer.  

Can you point me in the right direction of how this can be done?
Thanks!

Trevor

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Trevor,

The only way to achieve this is using a script in combination with an ETM channel. Please reach out to your customer success manager if you have questions on this.

Kind regards,
Dimitri