Question

Assyst Database selection

• 28 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We currently run IFS on Oracle using the ASFU license. We are putting in a very small Assyst installation with <400 users 

If I install on Oracle then the help system will fail if there is a problem with our production database, obviously not ideal

I considered sql server express but the documentation says it is “not recommended”.  I wondered if anyone knew if there was a specific technical issue or if it’s more of a sizing issue 

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Alex,

The assyst schema is ok on SQL Server Express, the limitations are more about suitability for a production system, no HA options, 10GB size limit which assyst will even with light use go through quickly, no agent for maintenance jobs etc...
We would need more background though to know if the platform is appropriate for your intended use.
If you want to contact me via the IFS assyst support portal (assystNET (axiossystems.com) ) or email Axios.support@ifs.com , I’d be happy to hook you up with resources in my Success and Support teams to come up with the best and most appropriate solution.