Solved

Where is the Addres where the Documents in IFS are Stored?, how can i know that?

• 27 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi everyone , today i have a question Because i need Found the Address where IFS save the Documents   

For Example i click on the View Document Button and Donwload a PDF document , but where is this document Stored? , how can i found this URL ?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 28 September 2021, 00:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Have a look at the links created by this command:

In the dialog that opens, select the option to create an e-mail with the links to see them without any truncation.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl i dont have this command in this Window

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

It's available in the Document Revision page.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl  Is Possible View the Document in the storage folder of the server ? , for example , C://IFS/document or Something Like That ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl  Is Possible View the Document in the storage folder of the server ? , for example , C://IFS/document or Something Like That ?

It depends on who you are. If you are the admin/technician who installed the system you might be able to access the files from the repository, which could be an FTP server, a shared network folder or inside the database. If you are not, then you need to go through the official APIs to access the files. The latter is the best and most “correct” (and safe, since it does not bypass the access rights in Docman) way to do it.

Since you ask, you are probably not an admin and then you probably don’t have direct access to the files, as it should be :) I recommend you learn how to extract the file using a URL

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl  Hi , yes you are rigth,  i’m not the Admin of IFS , but my question is because in my Job,  we need found this folder for using this documents for access to persons externals,  if you Know  the directory of this folder please tell me, thank you very much, i appreciate your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Only the admin can see the repository details, I cannot tell you that. I would not recommend you to grant access directly to the repo to external persons. And, it is something only the admin can do.

I recommend you give those external persons a real IFS user by which they can view the documents they need to view.

Good luck.