Solved

Survey signature in plsql and crystal reports

• 9 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all.

I’m testing the APPS 10 UPD12 - MWO MAINTENANCE 10 - 10.13.1360.0 and I’m trying to see the signature from the survey answer.

In Aurena they appear.

It’s a CLOB type but I can’t see it from plsql.

Neither in crystal reports.

Could anyone help please?

Tks

icon

Best answer by Björn Kleist 25 November 2021, 23:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Björn Kleist ...would you have someone check this out please?  May be an HR thing?

Thanks,

Jerry

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hi @lopespetro  , yes correct there is a limitation with showing signatures in EE as I remember (BLOB would have been a better choice there). The format used doesnt work very well with Enterprise explorer, but is works very well with Aurena & Aurena Native and since that is what the new clients are using. In PLSQL I dont think you will be able to see it is as that is stored as data of the file type clob rather than as an image. I noticed there are some articles online on how to view clob data for PLSQL. 

I cannot say that we have tested this with Crystal Reports and honestly I dont know why Crystal Reports does not show the CLOB’s. Have you tried contacting their support on this ? Because to me the CLOB format we are using a standard one. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro  , yes correct there is a limitation with showing signatures in EE as I remember (BLOB would have been a better choice there). The format used doesnt work very well with Enterprise explorer, but is works very well with Aurena & Aurena Native and since that is what the new clients are using. In PLSQL I dont think you will be able to see it is as that is stored as data of the file type clob rather than as an image. I noticed there are some articles online on how to view clob data for PLSQL. 

I cannot say that we have tested this with Crystal Reports and honestly I dont know why Crystal Reports does not show the CLOB’s. Have you tried contacting their support on this ? Because to me the CLOB format we are using a standard one. 

Hi @Björn Kleist , Tks for the info and explanation.

I already opened a case to support. No answer yet.

I’m still in production using UPD8, but my problem is that the mWorkorder application has problems with lots of the signatures in black. either in plsql and crystal reports.

This is a problem recognized by Rnd and they could fix this just in Aurena apps (MWO maintenance).

Also the mWorkorder app has no more support since dec 2020.

That’s because I needed to use the Aurena app. Testing UPD12, but Now I facing this problem because of the eforms signatures and pictures.

Do you know if there is a way to create a personalized report (possible to print in .pdf) same as Crystal in Aurena?

This is the eform answers in crystal printed with the signature. Example given of the mWorkorder app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hi @lopespetro , good to hear that the case is with support. When you say report you mean an Aurena Report right ? not one in Mobile Work Order or ? 

If it is a Aurena Report you are after then it should be possible to do using the standard reporting functionality in Aurena. 

If it is the Mobile Work Order your are after then this should theoretically be just creating a new page in Aurena Native and have it included in the APP, but that would of course be a modification. But I think the signature is there in the Service Report (Service APP) or the Work Report (Maint App). Have you already tried that ?

I think both of those should be possible to save in the pdf format.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lopespetro , good to hear that the case is with support. When you say report you mean an Aurena Report right ? not one in Mobile Work Order or ? 

If it is a Aurena Report you are after then it should be possible to do using the standard reporting functionality in Aurena. 

If it is the Mobile Work Order your are after then this should theoretically be just creating a new page in Aurena Native and have it included in the APP, but that would of course be a modification. But I think the signature is there in the Service Report (Service APP) or the Work Report (Maint App). Have you already tried that ?

I think both of those should be possible to save in the pdf format.

Hi @Björn Kleist , tks fot the info and Advice.

In this case I mean report in Aurena, not mobile. But I’m using today reports done in Crystal, and with mwo maintenance mobile, I can’t take the signature there to print.

It works just on the mobile report.

the problem is just for the eforms, the signatures of the work tasks are OK.

Gonna wait support and see what they will tell. If it’s a limitation, maybe I’ll need to build reports in Aurena.

Tks a lot

Br.

Lopes