Solved

Structure Failure doesn't function properly in IFS Cloud

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I don’t know if I don’t understand the process or there’s a bug, but when I set up SFM for a simple function such as exhaust in the example of this procedure with two causes for the same component, it acts really weird:

1. It duplicated one of the causes when there are two different ones set up.  (I even redid them from scratch to make sure I didn’t mess up)
  2. When you select a template that has two causes for one component, it highlights both, but only brings in the one template that applies to both.
  3. Where do the values such as Function, Type, Cause, and Component end up on the work order/Work Task?  These are valuable KPIs.

Attached is the write up for a customer I’m working on.  They really want to use SFM.

@Mayura Wasantha - I know you’re crazy busy, but who can help me with this?

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 22 April 2022, 06:41

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello Jerry,  Sorry I was away from community for the whole last week due to a technical login issue. Could you  post an image of SF structure please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If you open the work procedure you’ll see the entire set up.  Let me know if it won’t open.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I happened to be trying a similar setup for a customer on 21 R2 and sees the same behavior as Jerry describes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Also, what table can you find the KPIs such as Function, Severity, and Component?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This seems to me a bug in the application. Let me comeback with bit more technical investigation on it.

shared with @Krishantha  @deshan.ekanayake 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Also, what table can you find the KPIs such as Function, Severity, and Component?

These values are saved in WO Table and exists in respective Active Separate View. (DB columns named as as Error Type, Error Cause, Failing Component, Item Class Function)   They are visualized at least on the Work Task/ Object Information. There could be other places also. Refer the attachment 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @JerryB  & @ThilankaMadugoda  - This is a bug. Deshan has technically verified it. It works fine in APP10 IEE. We can consider fixing it in 22R2, in the development track. Which track do you expect the fix. ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Mayura Wasantha  - I’m in middle of a scoping task for a customer project that will start later this year. For me 22R2 sounds good.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

For your reference :

https://ifsdev.atlassian.net/browse/AMDEV-4507

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Good deal Mayura...thanks.  Could we maybe put the function and failing component in the task overview table while we’re at it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good deal Mayura...thanks.  Could we maybe put the function and failing component in the task overview table while we’re at it?

They are already there, aren’t they @JerryB ? We have just have to bring them up. Check the image below. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

They are already there, aren’t they @JerryB ? We have just have to bring them up. Check the image below. 

You’re right Mayura...my bad

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Mayura Wasantha Mayura.  My customers would like to be able to select function and failing component without having to select the task template post repair.  I can’t function under the action (additional) information and selecting a cause auto-populates the component field. Can we look at this while we’re in there.  After that I want the ability to be able to choose the SFM task templates in the Fault Report and Ad Hoc Work Reporting wizards (assistants). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Mayura Wasantha Mayura.  My customers would like to be able to select function and failing component without having to select the task template post repair.  I can’t function under the action (additional) information and selecting a cause auto-populates the component field. Can we look at this while we’re in there.  After that I want the ability to be able to choose the SFM task templates in the Fault Report and Ad Hoc Work Reporting wizards (assistants). 

I don’t think this is a possibility Jerry. What we get in Cause LOV are all combinations of Cause & Failing Component defined in the SF structure. So we could select any combination to fill in the required Failing Component value. But, are you expecting to add a free text in there ?(Failing Component). Then we might have to have a custom field. 

Anyway this is in Work Planning area, hence adding @Thommy & @ereslk here for their comments.