Solved

Single WO with multiple object ID

• 17 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

How to create Single Work Order for Multiple Object ID, through PM action for example multiple Fire and gas detector to be checked on single zone, I need one work order to be generated with List of Object ID I am using Maintenance Module

icon

Best answer by Nethmini Kosvinna 17 March 2023, 17:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @KHAN001 ,

You can create PM actions with different Object IDs and then connect all these PM actions to one PM Group. Make sure to enter the same calendar plan for all PM actions connected. Once calendar generation is done , you will get one work order generated with few work tasks representing each PM action with different Object IDs. If you select 'Merge' option on those PM actions (make sure you have the same work type and one work list on all PM actions) you will get a one work order with one work task, but few work task steps representing merged PM actions.There also on each step you will see object you have connected to PM actions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Thanks ,

Nethmini 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you for quick and accurate solution, we able to create single WO with Multiple Object.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@KHAN001 Pleasure to hear that 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’m on APPS 10 UPD9 and can’t get a WO that shows both my object IDs.  I have created a PM Group ID and clicked Merge.  The 2 functional objects have the same plan and calendar.  Screen shots attached.  I’m sure I’m missing something.  Thanks in advance for your help

Next Object

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Elaineebi ,
Please try again by adding the same work type on both PM Actions.

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Elaineebi,

What is the result of the PM generation?

As I can see the first PM Action has a Work List with to steps, that will prevent the merge to take place.

So the expected outcome would be one WO with two Work Tasks (Work Task 1 with object TEST1 and Work Task 2 with object TEST2) - isn’t that what you get?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Nethmini and Thommy,  I added the work type on both PM Actions.  Removed the work steps.  When I Generate WO from PM action 346 Maintenance Plan it is still giving one task.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Elaineebi,

If you stand on the an individual PM Action (in your case 346) and from its Maintenance Plan generates the WO then just this PM Action will be generated - hence just one Work Task on the generated WO.

You need to run the Calendar Generation with the generation parameters set (wanted generation date range, PM Group ID and anything else you want to use as selection for the PM Actions you want to be generated).

Test that out, that should give you the wanted result.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Awesome, that was the missing piece.  Thank you so much for your help.