Question

Serial Object - Operational Status

• 13 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

How do I change the operational status of my Serial Object?

Situation: I have a demomachine which was already created as a Serial Object “RTI221202-002-000002”.

The demomachine was sold to a customer “RTI-DIST-CUST-2” and placed under Superior SM Object Id “RTI-DIST-CUST-2-GROUP1”. Because of that sales the “Current Position” of the object is set to ‘Issued’. As a direct result the Operational Status is set to ‘Out of Operation’. But how can I change this? (Should I be able to change this??). (For Serial Objects with Current Position = “In Facility’ I am able to change the Operational Status.)

According to below table the Current Position = ‘Issued’, and the Operational Status is always = “Out of Operation”.

But I would like to be able to toggle this to know if a machine is still running @the customer… How does this work?

best Regards

Roel

P.S. additional question: how does the ‘Operational Status’ on the Serial Object link to the Operational Status in the WOrk Order and PM Basic Data?

Demo machine sold through Customer Order 

Serial Object part of the Equipment Structure
Serial Object details

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi a quick question, has it been handled through a customer order/ order line. ? In that case there are 02 tick options on the line. Create as SM Object, Superior SM Object. Were they ticked ? before the order is delivered ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi a quick question, has it been handled through a customer order/ order line. ? In that case there are 02 tick options on the line. Create as SM Object, Superior SM Object. Were they ticked ? before the order is delivered ?

Hi @Mayura Wasantha ,

The tick box ‘Create SM Object’ was not ticked because the Serial Object was already created before because this wa a demo machine.

‘Superior SM Object Id’ was used with value of of Functional Object that is linked to the Equipment structure under the customer.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mayura Wasantha 

Was the additional information usefull? What are your thoughts on this matter?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Mayura Wasantha 

Was the additional information usefull? What are your thoughts on this matter?

Best Regards

Roel

Yes, this clears it. In my view, this has mapped in a bit strange manner. I wonder whether the original site of the Serial Object is same as the site selling customer’s site is same here.

In my suggestion, could you try it as below.

• First move the Serial Object into Inventory (current position In Facility to In Inventory) 
  • Then load it to a Customer Order.
  • Deliver the Customer Order with both  ‘Create SM Object’  & ‘ ‘Superior SM Object Id’ 
Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mayura Wasantha 

The Selling site is indeed not the same as the Serial Object site. All Serial Objects are grouped into a Fictional company. This because we have multiple companies who need access to all machines, but not each others company.

So the selling site could be part of Company A or Company B, but the Serial Objects are located all in Company C. Employees of Company A have access to Company A and C, but not B. 

I wIll test your proposal and see what happens.

best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Mayura Wasantha 

The Selling site is indeed not the same as the Serial Object site. All Serial Objects are grouped into a Fictional company. This because we have multiple companies who need access to all machines, but not each others company.

So the selling site could be part of Company A or Company B, but the Serial Objects are located all in Company C. Employees of Company A have access to Company A and C, but not B. 

I wIll test your proposal and see what happens.

best Regards

Roel Timmermans

By the way which version of IFS application you use here ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mayura Wasantha ,

IFS Cloud - 22R2 

best Regards

Roel