Question

Sales of Fixed Asset Posting Controls

• 11 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

We have tried selling an object on the system and the transactions have defaulted to the FAP0 posting control for the reversal of the acquisition value and the accumulated depreciation, we would like to re-route these transactions to disposal accounts however we cannot change FAP0 as it is a default account.

Is it possible to change the settings so the system used actual posting controls that can be connected to the correct accounts? 

Thanks,

Georgina

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Georgina,

Voucher postings for Object Scraps/Disposals are created according to ‘Disposal  Posting Method’ defined in Fixed Asset Books window.

In Gross Cost, reversal value for costs and accumulated depreciations are posted using FAP0 and the corresponding debit and credit entry of the same is posted to the disposal Account.

Also, as you’ve also mentioned, FAP0  is the posting type to be used when accounting rules is not taken into account. This is defined in Fixed Asset System Parameters window and parameter value can be changed.

Kindly change the disposal posting method and see if it caters to your requirement.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Madusha,

Thank you for coming back to me, I had previously tried changing the disposal method however the options there only seem to change the other side of the postings not the side that is backing out the original acquisition and depreciation postings.

I have tried changing the ‘Parameter Value’ in the Fixed Asset System Parameters screen and although the new value is pulling through as the transaction code onto the voucher it isn’t actually pulling through the codes i have connected in ‘Posting Controls’, is there another step that I have missed?

Thanks,

Georgina 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Georgina,

Could you please attach the screen captures of the basic data setup - Fixed Asset Book, Posting Control and the created voucher (with the transaction code) .

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Madusha,

Yes of course, please see screenshots below: 

FA Book Settings

Posting Control

Voucher

For cash flow reporting purposes we have a separate account for disposals that the acquisition account credit postings and the depreciation debit postings need to feed in to.

Thanks,

Georgina 

Badge +2

Can you share if there was a solution to this issue? We have the same issue and are very interested in learning if/how you overcame the FAP0 obstacle for setting Posting Controls on the Acquisition/Accumulated Depreciation side of the transaction.  We are also looking to further separate postings for “scrap” and “split” transactions if anyone can recommend a solution for that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

Unfortunately we were unable to overcome the FAP0 issue, we had to adjust our processes to work alongside the standard system functionality.

Thanks,

Georgina