Question

Retrospective Work Reporting - Material Issued and Returned

• 21 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

IE Apps 10 -

I am using the Retrospective Work Reporting – EAM. 

I issue part and Return Parts to Inventory

When I go into the Work Order, the Issued and returned parts are not shown on the Material Tab or Returns tab

The only reference I can find to the issued and returned parts are on the Work Task Costs Tab

I was expecting to see material issued and listed on these screens. 

If one was to look at the Historical Work Order for this Object, and did not know where to look, they would think that were no parts issued or returned.

Is this a bug? 

Thanks,

Gregg

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @CorGreggB ,

When you have performed a new issue or a new return from Retrospective Work Reporting only cost lines are generated in Work Order and this is the functionality even in the IFSCLOUD

Retrospective work reporting page is designed to report any maintenance activity that was not planned prior to execution. Therefore, when you are directly issuing material from the Retrospective Work Reporting, it means that you have not planned this prior to the work and it is correct to not to have Material lines under the work order. Material lines are generally created when we are planning the work order.
Similarly you are returning a part during or after execution of a job that was not planned. Therefore, directly cost lines are generated.

Hope this clarifies your doubts on the standard behavior.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna , in that scenario, where will the cost of the actual part issuance be posted?

Example:

I do some work without having the work order planned.  During this, I get a part from inventory to complete the work.  This issuance must somehow be reported against inventory to ensure that quantity onhand is correct.

When I then later do the retrospective reporting, the cost, as you explain, will  be posted against the work order.  Will not this create a double cost transaction?

Thxs,

Geir Sigve

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

HI @geirsigve ,
How you are going to report the issuance of the part before creating a retrospective work report.

If you are using retrospective work reporting to report the issuance of the part, it will create the work task cost transaction with the inventory transaction at the same time. Therefore, the changes made on the quantity on hand is reflected in the inventory.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini