Question

Replace Obsolete revision on PM Action new due date calculation

• 20 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi All.

Recently I’ve applied the lcs bug 165000 to fix the due date calendar plan to calculate from the Start value, see the topic: 

Running UPD17, I’m facing another situation that if I create a new revision of the work task template, Activate and Hit the “Replace Obsolete revision on PM Action” option, the system creates a new revision of the pm action but recalculate the maintenance plan based on the “valid from” field that is set automatic SYSDATE.

E.g. I updated this pm action from the work task template march 6, and the system recalculate the due date from the valide from, but the pm action is set up to performed date based “Yes”.

The correct due date in this case should be feb 2023 not aug 2023.

@wrprabash, @Thommy, do you guys know someting about it?

Tks a lot

2 replies

Badge

Hi lopespetro,

the reason for the next Due Date being 24/08/2023 is because “fed 2023” (your expected due date) is actually before the PM Action Valid From date which is 06/03/2023. Then the system will plan for the next upcoming Due Date within the PM Action Valid period.

When the “Replace Obsolete revision on PM Action” function is used, the new PM Action revision will get SYSDATE as Valid From date. Under normal circumstances, this should not be a problem as your next expected Due Date should be in the future and then fall within the PM Action Valid period.

You can handle the above case in a few different ways.

1. You can go to the PM Action Maintenance Plan tab and manually change Due Date, Earliest Start and Latest Finish dates on the upcoming planning line. This will require Signature and Remark but not a new PM Action revision. The rest of the Maintenance Plan List will be updated according to the Work Order when this has been set to Work Done.  
  2. You can create a new PM Action Revision/Update existing PM Action revision and modify the Maintenance Plan Start Value to a new value within the PM Action Valid Period. Then the Maintenance Plan list will be updated accordingly.
  3. You can create a new PM Action Revision/Update existing PM Action revision and modify the PM Action Valid From date to before your expected Due Date. This is not a step I recommend as you are moving the PM Action Valid From date back in time.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards
Håkan Greko

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi lopespetro,

the reason for the next Due Date being 24/08/2023 is because “fed 2023” (your expected due date) is actually before the PM Action Valid From date which is 06/03/2023. Then the system will plan for the next upcoming Due Date within the PM Action Valid period.

When the “Replace Obsolete revision on PM Action” function is used, the new PM Action revision will get SYSDATE as Valid From date. Under normal circumstances, this should not be a problem as your next expected Due Date should be in the future and then fall within the PM Action Valid period.

You can handle the above case in a few different ways.

1. You can go to the PM Action Maintenance Plan tab and manually change Due Date, Earliest Start and Latest Finish dates on the upcoming planning line. This will require Signature and Remark but not a new PM Action revision. The rest of the Maintenance Plan List will be updated according to the Work Order when this has been set to Work Done.  
  2. You can create a new PM Action Revision/Update existing PM Action revision and modify the Maintenance Plan Start Value to a new value within the PM Action Valid Period. Then the Maintenance Plan list will be updated accordingly.
  3. You can create a new PM Action Revision/Update existing PM Action revision and modify the PM Action Valid From date to before your expected Due Date. This is not a step I recommend as you are moving the PM Action Valid From date back in time.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards
Håkan Greko

Hi @HGR, tks for your attention, reply and explanation.

I agree if you create a new revision direct from the pm action and change start value ou valid from if needed.

But, it does not make sense if I just update a work task template (e.g. a couple of work task steps), run the “replace” option and the system changes the behavior of the calendar plan. It must keep the same as the previous revision. In case above, the next due date should be in feb 2023 because the last done was aug 2022 since the interval is 6 months, not sysdate + 6 months ahead.

The valid from as SYSDATE is OK.

The system should plan the next upcoming Due Date within the last done date in PM Action if “Performed Date Based” is set to “Yes”. If not “No”, should keep the plan accorting to the interval.

I have thousands of pm actions using this WTT and imagine change this manually.

I’m raising a case to IFS local support and hope IF fix this logic.

Br.

Lopes