Solved

Purpose of the Location Structure

• 17 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

IFS Cloud - I am looking at a request to have a Functional structure and also a Location structure for assets. My pre-conception was that a Location Structure is a different view of the same assets based around a concept of locations. However, this looks to be wrong. 

What is the functional purpose and use of a Location structure, that cant be better served utilising the Functional structure , possibly with connections, using map positions etc. 

My expectation is that this Location structure will not be visible on MWO as I have not seen it there before. 

Any examples of using a Location Structure usefully will be much appreciated.        

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 18 August 2022, 06:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The below attached examples would give you an understanding of how it is being typically used. .

In this case, Object PM-311-PA-003 (Feed Water Pump 03) is functionally placed under PM-31-1 (Approach Flow), but Locationally placed under PM-A-2-03 (Room 3 in PM1 Building, Level2). Both Functional and Locational structure is build under one top parent. In this example it is PAP (EAM Pulp and Paper Mill)

Functional Structure
Locational Structure

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you very much - that is very clear. I had problems adding the same functional object on a functional structure and a location structure in Cloud. Then what is the functional benefit of this Locational structure apart from visual?  I dont believe I can see it on the mobile device , and I dont know that I see it any where else. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you very much - that is very clear. I had problems adding the same functional object on a functional structure and a location structure in Cloud. Then what is the functional benefit of this Locational structure apart from visual?  I dont believe I can see it on the mobile device , and I dont know that I see it any where else. 

This is definitely possible in IFS Cloud. 

Asset Structure can be built properly (Not only to limited  Location but also other structures like Electrical, From , To), Whenever technicians are up to any maintenance work assignment, he directly knows  where the respective object is placed structurally. For example, which function, which building/room and which Electrical Circuit,  etc etc. That’s the functional benefit of it . In addition when moving into 3D visualization these structure information is very vital.

The object is in Room 3 of Building 1 and is a part Electrical Circuit xxxxxxxx. (ex. disconnect the Electricity connection prior to maintenance)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you, I was looking on a different screen which identified Location structure. I have it working now where you have identified it on the Functional Object.  In this case I do now have a location asset on the Functional Object but I don’t see it here. This must relate to a different function.