Solved

PM Actions-Maintenance Plan not generating

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hello, 

Whenever I create a PM action, My maintenance Plan does not generate automatically, nor when I click regenerate.

I am creating my PM actions with and without a Work Task Template. 

I can create Work Orders, but if I try to create more than one, it uses the same date range as the first WO.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Gen

icon

Best answer by Dilini Arandara 20 August 2022, 08:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @GenDes ,

Could you please specify which IFS version you experience this issue and a detail on how you have set up the PM action.

The generation criteria defined etc.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,

If your are referring to a calendar based PM, here are two possible reasons for this;

• Calendar expired/not lengthy enough to generate a plan
  • Property value set for PM_PLAN_HORIZON is not lengthy enough

What to check and do

1. Please check the end date of the calendar connected to the Maintenance Organization of your PM action. Extend the end date as required and generate the calendar. Make sure the background job gets executed successfully and the calendar status changes to Generated.
  2. Go to system definitions and check the property value for PM_PLAN_HORIZON.  If you need to extend that further, navigate to Extend/Shorten plan and enter the new year limit as required. This will post one/multiple background jobs for plan extension. Once background jobs are ready check the maintenance plan of the PM

Badge +4

HI @ereslk and @Dilini Arandara,

Thank you to both of you for responding. 

I am using IFS Apps 10 on IEE. 

I checked our Maintenance Calendar and it runs until 2042.

The issue was resolved when I fixed :

-Property value set for PM_PLAN_HORIZON is not lengthy enough 

It was set to end in 2022.

Thank you!

Gen.