Question

PM Action for a Service Contract line with scope LOCATION

Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 4 replies

I have a Service Contract with a service line that has a Location as  the scope.

This location is connected to the customer of the service contract.

Location has multiple Serial Objects connected to it.

When I create a PM action connected to this Service Line, I can select any of the serial objects connected to my location.

But I cannot generate any Work Order from this PM Action. I get this error in PM Action/Maintenance Plan/WO Generation Error note column.

ORA-20110: PmAction.NOTASKGEN: No Service Contract found, Work Task not Generated

Looks like the PM generation process does not find serial objects connected the location.

Am I missing something in my data setting or is this a functional limitation?

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dhwe ,

I believe as it is clearly mention in the help that connection type Location is used for IFS Service Management, don't think so this will support the PM actions. When we choose Location in the connection type in service contract then service contract will be applicable to all the service requests which are created for the object connected to that location and this wont support PM action.

This is the reason why you cannot create PM actions from the service contract for the object connected to the location specified in the service line. You get below message when to try to create PM.

We have the same restrictions for connection type category as well , you cannot create PM’s for category objects.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +3

Hi Mithun 

Thanks for your answer. PM Actions is used in Service Management in App 10. So that should not be a reason for not supporting this. Anyway this clearly seems to be a functional limitation. Looks like this has been missed in the validation functions in PM action Work Order generation, even though that has been included when creating the PM action from Service Contract.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@dhwe ,

Hopefully this will be taken care in the Service Management Module which is newly introduced in IFS Cloud.

Regards,

Mithun K V