Question

PM Action Dependency

• 3 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

One of my clients has requirement, on the same object user will define different PM Actions for 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months.

If 3 Months PM Action-WO is not finished, then 6 months PM Action-WO should not generate and display an error message “Unfinished work order already exists on PM Action XXXXX Revision 1”

For this scenario, I’m using replacement functionality, configuring replacement on 6months for 3months, system is giving a warning message in the background jobs, but work order is generated despite the fact 3 months WO is not finished.

My understanding is that use of replacement system shouldn’t generate WO for 6 months if WO-3 months is not finished , correct me if my understanding is incorrect or is it a bug.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi NK,
replace function only works when both PM actions are selected in the same generation process. If you have setup your 6 month job to replace the 3 month one, then the 3 month job will not be generated when you do a calendar generation and the 6 month job is generated. The 6 month job does not check if there is a 3 month job active.

There are two reasons to why the 3 month job is not generated.
1. it is replaced by the 6 months
2. there already exist an open 3 months job
But there are no reason to why the 6 month job should not be generated.

kind regards
Christian

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi NK,

As mentioned the Replaced By functionality is built into the PM generation routine and can by that only be used between different PM Actions within same generation. Below you can find a small example how the replacement functionality is built up to work.

• It's possible to do a setup that PM '2' replaces PM '1' if they both are part of same generation.
  • It' also possible to do a setup in several steps, i.e. that PM '3' replaces PM '2' and also that PM '2' replaces PM '1' if they are part of same generation. This setup in several steps will then also include the scenario that PM 'C' replaces PM 'A'.  

Example:

• (Weekly) - PM1 = Once a week 
• (Monthly) - PM2 = Once every 4 week
• (Yearly) - PM3 = Once every 52 week

This would end up in a situation that if several of these PMs is to be generated same week, only one will be generated.

• For a week where only PM1 is planned for generation , only PM1 will be generated.
• For a week where only PM2 is planned for generation, only PM2 will be generated. 
• For a week where only PM3 is planned for generation, only PM3 will be generated.
• For a week where both PM1 + PM2 are planned for generation, only PM2 will be generated.
• For a week where both PM1 + PM2 + PM3 are planned for generation, only PM3 will be generated.
• For a week where both PM1 + PM3 are planned for generation, only PM3 will be generated.

This solution is built upon that the content of the smaller PM is part of the content of the larger PM.

Best Regards

Pelle