Question

PM Action Condition Generating only Two Work Orders

• 14 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

One of our customers is having issues with Maintenance Plan Generation for a Condition Based PM Action.  

We are on IFS App 10, Update 11

This is how the Object and PM Action are Setup.

Serial Object with a Mileage Parameter Test Point (Value Type - Accumulated, Meter ID Required-Not Used)

I created a PM Action with the following Condition

Start Value – 1500

Interval – 1000

Performed Value Based – No

After setting the PM Action to Active, I added a New Reading Value of 1500 to the Measurements for Object Screen and then ran the Condition Generation to generate the Work Order.

I processed and Finished the Work Order and started adding new measurements to the Measurements for Object Screen (1750, 2000, 2500). 

I ran Condition Generation to generate the next Work Order, which it did.   I processed and Finished the Work Order. 

I started adding new measurements (2750, 3000, 3250, 3500) and ran the Condition Generation.  No new Work Order was created.  I checked the background job and it executed and status is Ready. 

I added a new measurement (3750) and ran the Condition Generation and no new Work Orders were created. 

Only two Work Orders show up on the Maintenance Plan tab.  The status of each one is Finished.

Is this an IFS bug or am I not setting up something correctly?  I have previously tried the same process with the Performed Value Based checkbox checked on the PM Action Condition tab and have had the same results, only two Work Orders generated with my measurements.

I have also waited a few days and ran the Condition Generation, and no Work Orders were generated.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, do you have a workaround?  Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshots are attached.

Thanks,

Gregg

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Gregg
could you try to recreate this issue with a logic period of time between readings. Looks like you have added all readings the very same day, and then I don’t think the mathematical model will work.

kind regards
Christian

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Gregg,
Yes agree with Christian. Better try removing the previous readings by marking as incorrect and insert only one reading at a time and check the WO generation.
You should first see the generation value in the maintenance plan to confirm that its there.

BR//Aruna 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Christian and Aruna for the quick response.  I marked the reading as incorrect and added a new reading today and ran the condition generation and it created a new Work Order.

I appreciate your help.

Gregg

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Good to hear the results :)