Solved

Physical Inventory

• 31 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We just completed our first physical inventory in IFS 10. When I created a count report, I realized that it only had 640 inventory part numbers. Our system actually has 1399 part numbers. The result was that I had physical counts and no line to report them to. I discovered that lots of parts had been created with someone clicking the “Cycle Counting” box. Last night I did a mass update to change everything to countable. However, this morning, the new count report still only has 640 items. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Roel van Zwieten 2 January 2022, 08:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Check the last count date for the items on the Inventory Part in Stock overview.  How many show not counted?

Check the cycle interval as well, what is that field set to?  If it has a value, it would mean that even with a count date, it won’t show up to be counted again until at least that number of working days.

Check your parameters for creating the count report.  Run a report with no filters or restrictions and make sure the setting of with and without cycle counting flag is set.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

All the parts show as counted in October of 2021. The cycle interval for every part is set to zero. I’m still showing 1,399 parts. Ran the count report wide open this morning and it still only has 640 parts on it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The counting is done based on the current inventory in the system, so if there is no inventory record for a part it will not create a record in the count report, even if an inventory part exists.

Could it be that you have 640 inventory parts on a location and that the other parts only exist as inventory parts, but not on any inventory location?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Count the records on Inventory Part in Stock (not Inventory Part or Parts).  How many are there?

For the records on Inventory Part in Stock, can you establish any other correlation or pattern between the 640 that show up compared to the 759 that do not?  Do all 759 missing from the count report also show up on the IPIS search?  Are they all at zero quantity?  All with quantity on hand greater than zero or a mix?

There is something else strange here, but is difficult to pinpoint in text without any visual queues.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

To add/summarize to what has been said so far on the thread:

1. Cycle count checkbox - One could include all parts still on the Count Report by selecting the setting - include parts with and without Cycle counting. So if that checkbox has now been removed it is good, but that most likely does not have any bearing in the current context.
  2. Count Report - Count report is created for items for which there exists inventory transactions in the system, implying that stock has been received for those items at least once in the system. Hence as pointed out in the responses earlier, it would be good to get a confirmation whether the parts that are not included in the Count report, exist on the Inventory Part in Stock window. My guess is from the information provided that this is the first physical counting in IFS App 10, there aren’t inventory transactions for the missing parts in the App 10 instance. Doing a search on the Inventory Part in Stock window with the missing parts should give 0 results.
  3. If the above is correct, then most probably the additional parts other than the 640 parts with stock in the system are parts with stock which have only now been physically found. As a solution these can be counted individually using the Count per Inventory Part functionality or with the correct account mapping even received using Receive Inventory Part (NREC) functionality.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to the feedback from raejmee76 to see if any of the above worked.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

As it turns out, it was a location issue. All the missing parts were sitting in arrivals -- training flaw with our warehouse manager. Now that I’ve moved the parts to stock, my count report is correct and I’m good to go. Thanks to all of you for your insights and help. Much appreciated!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We have this checklist to execute before creating the Count Report:

• Check, if there are any open count reports
  • Unreserve all material / Reservierungen prüfen und auflösen
  • Shop Order reservations (Material res SO)
  • Close (older Shop orders By changing Lot size (= qty Complete)
  • Unreserve Shipments
  • Unreserve Customer Orders without Shipment
  • Check/ move to location old Purchase Orders in RECEIVING/ARRIVING location
  • Cleanup Inventory stock
  • Export Inventory Part in Stock to Excel and PDF