Solved

Order Proposal - Planning method B - demands not fulfilled

• 25 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are defining material demands on Work Tasks / Material. 

All inventory parts are purchased, have planning method B, order point 0 and lot size 1. 

Expected result when running the Order Proposal: If an inventory part that is demanded on Work Task / Material is not available in stock, the order proposal creates a Purchase Requisition with the demand date from the Work Task as the Wanted Receipt Date on the PR Line. 

This works fine if we have a primary supplier for the part. 

We have defined lead times per supplier so that the demand is triggering the PR 45 days in advance. 

However, we don’t have (primary) suppliers for all parts. Whenever there is no primary supplier the leadtime of the part is set to 0 and the automatic PR is created the same day as the demand occurs. 

Please advice: Is it possible to set up leadtimes for purchase parts not connected to suppliers? We need to define an internal leadtime in order to have the demands generating PRs 45 days in advance of the actual demand. 

If there is no supplier it is extra important to have the PR generated in advance so that we have time to look for a supplier of the part in demand. 

Note that we don’t have the MRP component installed, which might solve the problem. 

Current version: IFS 10 UPD 8, O&G Extension

icon

Best answer by MarieSkoldenborg 25 February 2021, 15:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Found a workaround: 

We have a background job updating the purchase lead time for all parts, fetching the lead time from the primary supplier. 

The workaround would be to create all new parts with the lead time of 45 days - will then be included in the order proposal. Whenever a primary supplier is connected to the part, the lead time would be updated the the background job updating the correct lead time for the supplier

Note that if we disconnect the primary supplier from the part, the lead time will not be updated. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

All inventory parts are purchased, have planning method B, order point 0 and lot size 1. 

Expected result when running the Order Proposal: If an inventory part that is demanded on Work Task / Material is not available in stock, the order proposal creates a Purchase Requisition with the demand date from the Work Task as the Wanted Receipt Date on the PR Line. 

We have defined lead times per supplier so that the demand is triggering the PR 45 days in advance. 

However, we don’t have (primary) suppliers for all parts. Whenever there is no primary supplier the leadtime of the part is set to 0 and the automatic PR is created the same day as the demand occurs. 

Please advice: Is it possible to set up leadtimes for purchase parts not connected to suppliers? We need to define an internal leadtime in order to have the demands generating PRs 45 days in advance of the actual demand. 

If there is no supplier it is extra important to have the PR generated in advance so that we have time to look for a supplier of the part in demand. 

Note that we don’t have the MRP component installed, which might solve the problem. 

Good afternoon miss Marie, Could you show me how you set up this configuration to running order proposal? I trying to purchase requisitions automatically but I can’t. could you show me how to set up?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Good afternoon miss Marie, Could you show me how you set up this configuration to running order proposal? I trying to purchase requisitions automatically but I can’t. could you show me how to set up?

Hi Roany, 

This topic includes how to set up the configuration for order proposal: 

Hope it helps. 

// Marie

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi All, There is this scenario, though there are on hand stock above the Order point and lead time is met, still Purchase requisitions are created in the system. There are reserved shop orders. Can anyone please explain the reason for creating the PR from Order proposal in this scenario. Any relation with Inventory part Planning?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Tbandara, yes the result from the Order proposal is based on Inventory Part Planning. The explanation for each created PR is mostly found in the window Inventory Part Availability Planning. 

// Marie 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@MarieSkoldenborg Thank You Very Much