Solved

Object ID reference in PM or WTT in IFS10

• 9 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi IFS Community,

I’m looking for advise, how to perform PM setup that includes object list: OID reference in Work Tasks or Task Steps.
Generally, the same option as we have on Prepare Work Order, please see screenshot below.

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 12 June 2023, 21:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @KeeIgoriP ,

The PM actions are specific to the object id, and you cannot add multiple objects to one PM action. But you can achieve the requested results in the work order by creating the PM actions for the respective object and grouping them using PM Group ID in the PM action. When you group the PM actions, one work order will be created for all the PM actions with similar group and having same maintenance plan due date and worklist lines defined on the PM actions will become the work tasks for the connected object ID’s.

If you use Merge along with PM group, then single work order created for all the PM’s with work task for each PM action and work list defined on the PM’s will become the work task steps of respective work tasks and connected to the PM object ID’s

To use Merge option in PM actions below condition need to be satisfied.

• PM action connected to PM group.
  • Only one work list line should exist on PM Action
  • Same requirements regarding resources (person and tool/equipment) and material should be there on the work list line
  • If available on the PM actions there should be same customer, service contract, location and work type specified.

You can also make use of the PM rule instead of PM group, if you need to group PM’s based on pre-defined parameters.

Also attached a presentation on this for further reference

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +1

Hi Mithun,

Thanks for response & suggested solution.
The process is cleared for me & 

However I am frustrated by the lack of a default option to create an object list in direct PM. Is it possible to update Logical Unit.

BR, Igor

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @KeeIgoriP ,

I don't think so this would be the best option as there will be consequences. Its not just adding the object ID to PM work list & work steps, you also need to make sure this will be updated to corresponding work order. You should also do thorough testing that this doesn't have any impact on the core functionality.

Indeed this comes with some limitation like

• you should still need to create the PM for a single object and later you will add object in work list & work steps.
  • When you create a new PM revision , you should make sure to copy this object ID's to new revision.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +1

Hi @EqeMithuV,

Thanks for response.

So, returning to your proposal - to PM group.
For some PMs, I need also to proceed with PM Replacement option:

As 1 monthly PMs are covered in 3 monthly, & 3 in 6 monthly.

Could you advice, if both options (PM Grouping & PM replacement) could be used:

1M Cycle include PM1.1; PM2.1; PM3.1 = PM Group ID 1
3M Cycle  include  PM1.2; PM2.2; PM3.2 = PM Group ID 2

PM1.1 is covered by PM1.2

PM2.1 is covered by PM2.2

PM3.1 is covered by PM3.2

So would IFS generate 3M WO, with 3 Work tasks, that include: PM1.2; PM2.2; PM3.2.

BR,

Igor

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @KeeIgoriP ,

PM group work along with the PM replacements. For your reference here I have created 4 PMs 

PM-200184 for Object ID: OBJ A for Monthly Maintenance 

PM- 200185 for Object ID : OBJ A  for Quarterly Maintenance ( replacement is added as above PM)

PM - 200186 for Object ID: OBJ B for Monthly Maintenance

PM-200187 for Object ID : OBJ B  for Quarterly Maintenance ( replacement is added as above PM)

So when I run calender generation for September Month where quarterly & monthly invoice fall on same date only one work order is generated with 2 task one for OBJ A & another for OBJ B for all for PM's

Hope this answers you question!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +1

@EqeMithuV,

Appreciate your confirmation!

Many thanks,

Igor