Solved

Moving Functional object

• 20 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a problem when trying to move a Functional object in the objects structure in IFS10, update16. I get an error message saying ‘Object is already used in a Pm Action or Work order’. OK, that’s true but I can’t see any prerequisities regarding that in the online help.

I also tried to Finish all active work orders but that didn’t help.

So, is this a dead end? Will I never ever be able to move a Functional object to a new parant if there once was a work order for it?

icon

Best answer by Yasanthi Gunawardena 20 October 2022, 11:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @LevOrjanM ,

Could you please share the screenshot of your error message and please can you check is there any service contract lines connected to relevant objects.

Best Regards,

Bimsara

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi LevOrjanM,

Please check whether following conditions are satisfied;

- All the PM actions connected to the child object should be in the status 'Obsolete'.

- The object should not have a single active Work Order/work task. Which means all the WOs should be historical.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks @Yasanthi Gunawardena and @Bimsara Geethachapa 

• Yes there are Service contracts connected (even if the error message does not complaint about that)
  • No Pm actions connected, only WO and Tasks that are historical
  • Adding print screens below

Best regards Örjan

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @LevOrjanM,

This seems like a bug to me. Kindly report to support center for further investigations.

Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Sorry to re-open this, if I have Functional Object (Parent) with Serial Children, and I try to move the Functional object, what conditions need to be met?  Is the only condition needed is that any open WO/WT’s are closed for the associated PM Actions?