Question

Material costs - Transfer Work Task Transactions

• 11 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

My company is in the beginning stages of upgrading from APP9 to Cloud 24R2.  During some recent training we have noticed that there is a step to Transfer Work Task …. I believe this is transferring costs associated with various tasks for financial purposes.  We see transfer of external, time, tool/equipment, expense, external, and reposting. However, we do not see the ability to transfer material costs. Am I missing something? I would imagine most users would need the ability to transfer work task material costs from work orders on a consistent basis. In short, we need to capture the full personnel (labor), material and external costs that are associated with the entire work order. 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @jenjen0510 

1. When you are issuing Inventory Part it will create a Cost line and you can see Transaction Source is Inventory and Transactions Status is Not Applicable. It is not necessary to authorize. Also, you can see Inventory Transaction has been created [Inventory Transaction ID] on the material line. You can use Transfer Inventory Transaction to transfer the inventory transaction to the financials.
  2. But if you are working with No Part, Non-Inventory Part the process is bit different. Cost lines will be created at the arrival. Transaction Status will be Not Applicable initially but when you invoiced, it will be Overtaken. The Transaction Source will be External Purchase. you can execute a reposting to transfer external purchases.

Then you can navigate to the Conclude WO page, under Cost tab you will be able to see all details.

Hope this will help.