Solved

Master/Duplicate for Work Order

• 28 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi all,

I am looking for business scenarios involving the functionality “Master/Duplicate for Work Order” in Service and Maintenance module.

If you have implemented it or if you are using it, would you be willing to share with me your business use ?

Thank you

Kind regards

Lénaïc

icon

Best answer by Thommy 31 May 2021, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

To save time, you can create a copy of a work order that includes information from the original work order. You can duplicate a work order with its tasks, without its tasks, or with its hierarchy. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I don’t think that the question was related to duplication/copying of work order but the function Master/Duplicate.

The function itself is found on the work task (not the work order) and it to be used when there exists multiple work tasks that is in fact the same actual work.

This could be a scenario where the work order and work tasks has been created from multiple PM’s that has been grouped together. Some of the work list lines (that will become work tasks in the grouped work order) could be the same physical work (e.g. removing a control panel to get access to whatever should be checked/replaced or turning off the electricity for a certain area in order to get a safe working environment). In such a scenario it it possible to select one of these work tasks as Master and he others as Duplicates. That will allow the user just to process the Master work task in status, the Duplicates will just then follow the Master.

I hope that gave some clarity on the Master/Duplicate functionality.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone that has been involved in implementing or using this functionality.

Best regards,

Thommy 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thank you @Kushan Jayasinghe for your contribution but my question was not about duplicating a Work Order.

Thank you @Thommy for your answer.

In fact, this functionality also exist for Work Order in a Structure, not only for Work Task.

If anyone in the Community is using this functionality (on Work Task in a Work Order or on Work Order Structure), please add a comment to this post. It will be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You are correct in the sense that the functionality exists in the Work Order Structure page (previously named Work Order Execution Logic pre App10) @LenaicDAVID.
But the functionality is still related to the Work Tasks connected to the Work Orders in the structure.
The functionality in this page will set the Master/Duplicate relationship automatically between Work Tasks in individual Work Order or for the whole Work Order Structure.
This functionality is originally designed for the Fleet Management process and works based on information created in that solution.
In App10 when we introduced Work Task and removed Operations we opened up the possibility to manually set Master/Duplicate relationship between Work Task, so it might be used outside of the Fleet Management solution.
I'm not aware of any usage outside of the Fleet Management solution at the moment, but as I stated before - it would be really interesting to hear from someone that has implemented this in Apps10.