Question

Issue when returning a Serial Object to Inventory in V10

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I would like to send a Serial Object back to a supplier for refurbishment.

When I try to return a Serial Object from the sequipment tructure to inventory, I  we get the error message 'Serial No <Serial No> of Part No <Part No> is already in inventory'.

There is no other Serial Object or Part Serial with the Serial No in the system.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi  ArjenPrins,

Could you please add more details about the steps that you follow may be through screen shots.

Thanks & Best Regards

Eresha

Badge +2

We are running IFS Version 10 with the Oil & Gas Extension (but without Dynamic Serials).

Here are some more details about the issue:

We have the following Serial Object that needs to be sent to the supplier for refurbishment:

Before we can send it to the supplier, we will have to dismantle the Serial Object and move it to Inventory. In order to do this, we create a work order for this with a new line in the Return tab with the Part No and Serial No of the Serial Object. Then we select RMB ‘Return Part to Inventory’:

We enter the ‘Quantity Returned’ and the location to return to and press the OK button:

Then we enter the costs and press OK:

After pressing OK, we get the following error message:

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi  ArjenPrins,

I tried the same steps in the Oil & Gas environment which R&D use to recreate issues.

I didn't get this error and it is possible to return the part without any error.

Could you please check the History tab of the Part Serial for this specific serial part and add it as well.

It is strange to get this error.

Best Regards

Eresha