Improvement to CAMRO / Asset Mgmt Workshop Functionality

• 16 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello IFS Community and R&D,

Recently an aviation client implementing CAMRO and our IFS Partner NEC Japan raised concerns about the core Workshop functionality through case CS0202376 Ticket Form for Case - Service Center (ifs.com)

They have 2 requests in improving the core product:

• Ask: If a different workshop code is set on the New Serial page, they want this value to be reflected at all levels of the Manage Serial Structure. i.e. they want all child modules and child piece parts to have the specified workshop code on New Serial page.

Limitation: Currently, only the top part of the Serial Structure is updated to this chose workshop code value. Meanwhile, all other components underneath the top part are incorrectly assigned to the preferred workshop. To change the workshop code of each component, the user must click each component level in the tree structure, select the Serial Information tab > Workshop section and individually edit the Workshop Code.

• Ask: There must be a default workshop per site, instead of just one default workshop for all sites. Each workshop has a separate maintenance organization. Each maintenance organization can have different maintenance employees and teams assigned to it.

Limitation: Setting a preferred workshop for more than one site is NOT allowed by the current IFS system. The following error message is produced ““Only one workshop is allowed to be preferred; workshop (XYZ) is already marked as preferred workshop.”

@Tracy de Jonk  from Asset Management has been informed of these enhancement requests prior to raising this community idea - Thank you Tracy for hearing our concerns! 

We are sincerely hoping these enhancements can be included in Cloud 24R2 Release.

Thanks for your consideration!

Kind Regards,
Sayeef

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Sayeef.M Thanks for using IFS Community to tell us about these ideas.

I think you meant to use the Ideas section though, but by mistake ended up in the discussion forum. Here is the Ideas section:

https://community.ifs.com/ideas

For your idea to picked up by our product management process, the idea needs to be created in the Ideas section. And I recommend that you post each idea separately so that they can be considered separately, unless they are very much interconnected.

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mathias,

That is exactly what I had intended to do! Let me re-post this on the proper Ideas channel.
Thanks for the heads up!

Kind Regards,
Sayeef