Skip to main content

Hi,

I would like to restrict the time reporting on Work Tasks when they are in Released status. Is there a way to do it?

Hi @wiajeyani,

The standard practice is to proceed the other way around. Once the Work Task is released, the actual work can begin and then be reported.

Could you please share your use case or business requirement here?

Based on my best guess, you might need an additional custom event to achieve that.

I hope this helps!

Hi Mayura,

Thank you for your response.

Business case here is customer utilizes Permits and they want to report time only after the permit is released and the work task status has been updated to Work started.

They are okay with the functionality where IFS prevents update  to Work started status unless Permit is released but they also want to restrict the time reporting before Work Task status is Work Started.

It sounds like a job for a custom event 🙃

Hi Mayura,

Thank you for your response.

Business case here is customer utilizes Permits and they want to report time only after the permit is released and the work task status has been updated to Work started.

They are okay with the functionality where IFS prevents update  to Work started status unless Permit is released but they also want to restrict the time reporting before Work Task status is Work Started.

Thank you for the clear use case explanation. However, I still see the need for some flexibility in reporting time before the permit is released or work has started. For example, travel time and preparatory time need to be accounted for. Therefore, restricting it directly in the core application may not be the ideal solution.

I suggest considering a custom event as a short-term solution, while also posting a new community idea to evaluate this requirement in the broader context of isolations and permits.

I hope this makes sense.