Solved

How to create a WO through a new fault report and make it visible to technician portal?

• 2 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello!

I’m a IFS user and I’would like to see all fault report generated inside my own site through the counters of maintenance engineer lobby.

The main reason is to make easier for tehcnicians to follow up the task and to bring it to closed status.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by JerryB 2 March 2023, 23:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Make sure you’re in the site, resource group and maintenance orgs, and the work task is released.  You should see them all in the Unassigned section.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Andryis ,
If the task is assigned to a technician, or if someone has accepted the task from ‘Unassigned’ section, you will no longer be able to follow up the task from Maintenance Engineer lobby. Please check whether Resource Monitoring Gantt may help on your requirement. From Work Order Planning Gantt as well you can check statuses of all work orders created for a particular site.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@JerryB 

Hello Jerry. I did the following steps but I don’t see any task on maintenance engineer lobby. :

• Create an employe as a ressource of a resource group attached to a company.
  • As an employee, I attached him to a maintenance organisation of the company.
  • I create a new faut report on a Tools/equipment type of the site (Object site = contract site)
  • I attach to the tool the TE
  • I create an operation
  • Assign to the task the employee
  • ets. 

At anytime I see any lobby value increasing.

What may I have missed?

Thanks to your advices

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I haven’t tried it against a Tool/Equipment and you didn’t say that at the beginning.  See if it works against a normal equipment object.  It may not be connected to T/E.  It’s weird you’d start with that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Andryis ,
I tested this with a work order with Tool/Equipment connection type in APP10 UPD19. However, as you have observed, assigned employee does not see this assigned task on his Lobby tiles.
But for Equipment connection type this works as expected.

Thanks ,
Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Your observations are correct. Technician Portal doesn’t support work order/work task with connection type Tool/Equipment.