Question

How do we select serial parts or Lot parts while we are selecting inventory parts in Materials tab?

• 25 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

How do we select serialized parts or lots part while adding them in material order (created in Work Order)? We get the details of the parts after adding them in material order line. But while searching parts, we do not have the option to select serialized or lot part?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

As I can see there is no option to check the serialized or lot-track info within the search dialog box. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I agree to what you have shown in screen shot and I believe IFS should provide an option to do search on serialized or lots category as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I’m not sure I understand your question.  Are you trying to specify the serial or lot prior to issue?  If so, why?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Jerry, You have understood the question correctly. This is a requirement by one of our client. They need to know which part they are adding in material order. They want to select first lots part for which they want to search parts which are lots defined and then serialized parts.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I agree to what you have shown in screen shot and I believe IFS should provide an option to do search on serialized or lots category as well.

I also think that will be a good idea to add a column to check whether it’s serialized or lot. Since there will be some issues when receiving parts to inventory and also when issue parts.