Question

Function returned without value Error on Design Objects

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

We are trying to scrap some design objects in IFS Apps 8 but keep getting an error saying “Function returned without value”, can anyone advise what we are missing? Does this mean there is a field that requires data that is missing?

Thanks

Hayley

Server error messages:
0bcbf747-689e-4788-9cee-d87877efcc3e

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-06503: PL/SQL: Function returned without value
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync)
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync)
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.Invoke(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody)
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)
at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommand.ExecuteCursorReader(String recordType, Int32 fetchSize)
at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HayleyG 

Not an expert of this area. But found a similar issue raised by a customer and they have changed the Functional Object description to match the Design Object and it appears to have worked.
You can try the same and see if it works.

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is most possibly a data issue. As you suggested, it could be a missing or mismatching value in any of the fields. Does this occur for all design objects or some of them ?  What will happen if we create a fresh design object and try to scrap  ?

It is hard for us to provide a good answer, without having the details. Do we have someway to have more details ?

Start with 02 screen prints of the Design Object and respective functional object.

shared with @deshan.ekanayake 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Mayura Wasantha & @Dilan Senevirathne 

I think I have found a solution. I have shortened the description of both the design and functional objects as it was 113 with spaces, so reduced them to 76 and it’s allowed me to change the status. One to remember for future.

Thanks for you help,

Hayley

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mayura Wasantha & @Dilan Senevirathne 

I think I have found a solution. I have shortened the description of both the design and functional objects as it was 113 with spaces, so reduced them to 76 and it’s allowed me to change the status. One to remember for future.

Thanks for you help,

Hayley

Sounds like a big to be honest. But the official support on Apps 8 had ended…

Good that you found a solution!