Solved

External Cost on objects when reporting Work Task with steps

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 
When reporting external cost manually on a Work Task with a Object, the external cost reported is visible for the Object ID in Equipment Object Navigator.

But, if reporting external cost manually on a work task without a object , the objects are on  Work Tasks steps, the external cost reported is not visible on any of the objects connected to the steps.

How can i report a external cost on a Work Task with steps and get the external cost to be distributed on the differet objects connected the steps? Or can i in some way decide witch object that the cost relates to?
Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 15 March 2024, 17:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

Could you please attach some screen shots? then we might be able to get more idea about this one.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Patrik,

Do you mean the cost is not shown in “Equipment Object Cost/Revenue” Analysis?

I tried below test flow in 23R1 SU9 version, and there the cost was equally divided between the objects used in the work task steps.

For example:

This task has an object defined in work task level. Total external cost reported is 100.

This is displayed in the analysis window.

For example:

This task has no object defined in work task level. It has 2 steps, and 2 different objects are connected to the steps. Total external cost reported is 100.

Cost is divided between the 2 objects and displayed in the analysis window.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @pafose 

Functionality @Thilini Kumarasinghe explained was introduced from 23R1 as per my understanding. You can read more about the functionality related to Equipment Object Cost Revenue analysis here https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/Follow-upandAnalysisMaintenance/AboutObjectCostAnalysis.htm

Badge +1

HI @Thilini Kumarasinghe Thilini & @Asitha Rajapaksha 

Thank’s for your answer, i could not understand what was wrong, but your answer made me test in another IFS envrioment and then it all works as described.

Rgds pafose