Question

ESRI ArcGIS integration

• 17 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Does anyone have any docs, presentation or experience on IFS integration with ESRI ArcGIS?

We are planning this as part of an upgrade project...

Best Regards

Anders

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Anders :grinning:

Here is a ppt and doc that takes you through how to set it up and also how it can be viewed in IFS.

Hope it helps and good luck with the upgrade!

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Anders,

There is also a link here to a live demo….

IFS Apps 10 - IFS Linear Assets Overview & Demo Presentation | IFS Community

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks  Anthony!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Anders :grinning:

Here is a ppt and doc that takes you through how to set it up and also how it can be viewed in IFS.

Hope it helps and good luck with the upgrade!

Regards,
Antony

Thanks, Anthony! That PPT there is really good (and there should be release information for Apps 9 from R&D that is good too), the Word document might be too detailed for Anders now but might be useful later.

I also want to recommend that you check out the end-user documentation where we have written a lot about how the integration works, how to set things up, etc.

We also have a few quite successful customer projects and you might want to talk to the people who made it happen. People to contact: @JEWIUK, @Matti Toppari and Greg Romanello.

The demo summary done by Greg that is linked to above mentions Esri, but I am not sure if it shows the actual GIS integration or just the Esri-based map we use in the Linear Asset page in Aurena. I guess you will find out when you watch the recording :)

And, when it comes to recordings we have plenty of them that we could share if the above is not enough. Not sure if we can make many of them public since many are demos for customers, but you could get copies or links to them from me or @jlunse if needed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you very much Mathias! Very helpful for us, we will be planning this actively in a month or so - great with your contact info!

//Anders

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thank you very much Mathias! Very helpful for us, we will be planning this actively in a month or so - great with your contact info!

//Anders

If possible, that is if you have general questions and not secret customer information, try to keep the discussion here on Community. In that way, everyone will benefit.

Thanks, and good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

PS. There is also an internal tech forum here that only partners and IFS employees can access, if you want to discuss things that you don't want your customer to see yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Absolutely - will keep it here!

Badge +3

Hi Anders,

I’ve done 2 implementations with ESRI and ArcGIS. The first was in Apps8 which Mathias will remember as he helped out a lot with it. I did a presentation on it at the WoCo 2016 but not sure if that’s available to view anywhere. More recently I’ve completed another project in Apps9 which gave an opportunity to redesign the approach for a better solution. Happy to share some knowledge if it will help you.

Regards,

Ian

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Anders,

I believe I've made some into on the GIS integration to Swedavia some time ago. Ping Fredrik or me a mail. I've got some recent materials on it  I can share with you. 

Regards 

Joakim 

Badge +1

Hi Anders,

I’ve done 2 implementations with ESRI and ArcGIS. The first was in Apps8 which Mathias will remember as he helped out a lot with it. I did a presentation on it at the WoCo 2016 but not sure if that’s available to view anywhere. More recently I’ve completed another project in Apps9 which gave an opportunity to redesign the approach for a better solution. Happy to share some knowledge if it will help you.

Regards,

Ian

Would you believe I sent the presentation to someone today Ian ….. its definitely still available :grinning:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The first was in Apps8 which Mathias will remember as he helped out a lot with it.

Hi Ian, nice to see you have finally found this community.

Indeed we worked a lot on that, it was fun :-)

See you around!

/Mathias