Solved

Error when activating a PM Action Revision

• 3 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In IEE IFS Apps 10 UPD 14  A Key Maintenance user is receiving this error message after creating a new PM Revision (in Preliminary status), adding a couple of Work Task Templates, saving then trying to Activate the PM Revision.  I do not get that error when I try to duplicate it (I have ‘everything’ access as I am in IT). I can’t imagine what could be different in his permissions or user profile that could cause such as error. 

you can see that the task temp status for all three says Active.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Nipuna Jayanath 8 February 2022, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @KLAVALLEY ,

Thank you for posting the issue. Just to be clear on the issue, 

→ When a key maintenance user tries to activate the PM action, it shows the above error.

→ When you create the same PM action and add the same work task template, you can activate the PM action without any issue.

If this is the case, the issue can be occurred due to following test case.

1. work task template is created and activated
  2. it is connected to a PM action. 
  3. A new revision is created for the work task template and activated. The previous one will be obsolete. 
  4. Now if you had kept the PM action window open, the status of the work task template will not be get updated. ( I’m not sure whether this is a screenshot from the customer or whether you have checked this specific PM action again. If you have checked and the status of work task templates aren’t changing , this might not be the case. )
  5. Now if you try to activate the PM action, you will get the above error message.

Also, please check whether, you have used the same revision of the work task template as used in PM action 12 revision 8. If they are the same, this might be related to Permission or connection of the maintenance user to the specific site used in PM action.

Kind Regards,

Nipuna