Solved

Error Message : Employee XXXXX does not exist when trying to add Employee in Connections

• 16 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I am in Resource Navigator in the correct Person group. I found the person and in their Connections > Employee tab I am trying to add their Employee Object. When I click on the add (+) it auto-populates the correct Employee ID but when I try to save it, it says “Employee XXXXX does not exist”… but I’m literally staring at the Employee Object. 

Screen shot below:

icon

Best answer by Dilini Arandara 17 January 2023, 05:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

First register the Employee under Company>Employees tab, then do the Employee connection from Resource details for the person resource group.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks that helps! The issue was the person left the company and came back again so looking there, they were in the company but their expiration date needed to be removed:

Badge

Tell me please what is going here? 

not getting guys .

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

In my specific case the Employee Object already existed and was connected to the company, but because they previously worked with the company and were terminated, when they came back the employee object which still existed had all the connections in company but had a date in the “Expired Date” field so it meant the employee object couldn’t be used as it was expired thus I got my error. By clearing that field, it removed the Expired status of the employee thus allowing me to connect the Employee object to the person group in Resource Navigator. My issue is all solved. Thanks all for the help!