Solved

Equipment Basic Data - Classification Organization

• 29 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

I’m trying to learn more about the use of Equipment Basic Data > Classification organization. Unfortunately, the information I can find is very limited so I have no idea about the benefits of these Classification organizations/Classification Codes. 

Could someboy gives some additional background on this functionality?

How do you use it? Whare are excellent customer cases that benefit the use of Classification organizations?

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 29 April 2024, 19:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Timmermans Roel 

Hi,

If you defined Classification organizations/Classification Codes, you will be able to connect them to Equipment objects using the below assistant.

Then you can see the Classifications in the “Functional Object Has” is set to “Yes”.

This classification organization can be used in the below page, and it will be easy to search objects/related work task using this classification organization/codes.

Hope this will help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Timmermans Roel  - I will try to explain a bit of a background here. This requirement primarily stems from oil and gas industry where Equipment Classification is a is a standard regulatory practice. Given that the Oil and Gas industry operates mostly offshore, it's crucial to uphold strict safety measures for personnel, assets, components, and systems, as mandated by industry-standard bodies. 

These basic data was initially introduced to ensure the compliance with regulations defined by those industry standard bodies (Organizations) such as DNVGL, Lloyds etc. 

The diagram below illustrates how this basic data is structured and utilized in equipment classification.

The above enables O&G organizations to set up basic data to confirm compliance with multiple classification organizations/ bodies. As a result, the respective organizations will be able to analyze preventive, corrective, pending work based on the classifications during the auditing/certification processes. 

However, it's worth noting that this implementation isn't necessarily exclusive to the oil and gas sector. The principles of equipment classification can be applied to any vendor, manufacturer, or safety code to enhance operational standards.

I hope this would help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you @Mayura Wasantha and @Dimuthu Madhushan for your replies. I will play around a little bit and see how this functionality could benefit our customer(s).

Best Regards

Roel