Question

Depiciation on hold

• 11 October 2023
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I am new to the IFS community and will appreciate your help.

Please can anyone advise me how depreciation of an Object or Object Group can be put on hold and how it can be taken off hold and commence depreciation from this date or a particular date?

Regards,

Ivan

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi Ivan,

In IFS, Maintenance asset(s) are connected to a finance Object and depreciation is handled against that finance object. Therefore I think its better to raise the question in the finance part of the community.

Regards,

Thilanka

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @ijersek,

There is a dedicated page for this at least in Cloud called ‘’Objects Hold From Depreciation’’ where you are able to add objects to the list with wanted dates for holding them from depreciation.

I don’t know which version you are using. Do you have this available and does it fill in your needs?

Thanks everyone,

Yes, I can see the Objects Hold From Depreciation.  What would be the process to get them off Hold and get them to Depreciation from the Current Period?  We don’t want the depreciation to be calculated back from when it was originally set to Hold.

Regards,

Ivan

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

HI @ijersek,

I understood that you have only set from date for the objects without until date. At least for me, if I create and depreciation proposal for the held object I am unable to post this empty depreciation proposal and it causes some kind of error where I am unable to end the holding from depreciation.

Only way I got the depreciations to work again was to rollback transactions that were held from the depreciation. After that I added then end date for the holding period and ran a new proposal. After I this the hold worked as expected.

Do you have similar results that you are unable to set the ‘’until date’’ to your objects you are holding from depreciation? According to my tests, I was not able to end this holding without adding the ‘’until date’’ by rollbacking the held transactions. 

Thanks Samuel

Yes to not having an until date.