Question

Customer Owned Stock

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Community,

we are starting soon with IFS app 10.

We are supplying equipments to industry and those equipments are sometimes returned by customers to our premises, for repair. If my understanding is correct, I need to fill the check box “allow part ownership transfer” in the Client, so that I can link the Serial Object to another customer, if necessary. This would be the scenario were we have supplied equipment to customer A some years ago, but meanwhile customer A sold the equipment to customer B.

Is this the right way to proceed ?

Also, does this checked box have influence on other processes in IFS ?

Thanks for your inputs.  

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@CRSSTEMMELIN

Via ‘allow part ownership transfer’ you can transfer the ownership to customer-owned stock for a different customer or to company-owned stock. Accounting transactions are not created for the inventory transactions because the parts are considered to have zero inventory value to the site company. When Customer-owned stock transferred from one customer owner to another customer owner is also initiated from the Inventory Part in Stock page. The new customer owner is identified in a dialog box, and the result is inventory transactions that change the owner of the part quantity.

Planning is not available for customer-owned parts

However its supported in Purchase Requisitions  for order code 6 (External Service Order), Purchase order lines for order codes 1 and 5 (Normal and Express Order, Purchase order lines for order code 6 (External Service Order), customer order lines with supply codes of Inventory Order, Shop Order, and MRO, work order material and on work order receipts,  interim header, the top of an interim order structure, interim orders and the interim order components, shop order requisition lines, Shop order headers, Shop order material, Material that is used on a project

Please read more here:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/ (search by Part Ownership - Customer Owned Stock is well explained there) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@CRSSTEMMELIN Did the above explanation help? Please don’t hesitate to reach out if it’s not clear at all