Solved

Creation of Serial Objects after sale

• 12 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

HI

If we have sold a manufactured part with a large serialized structure, but didn’t create the Serial Objects as part of the process (“Create SM Object” not set on CO line) – what is then the easiest way to create the full serial object structure for that part afterwards?

I know objects can be created manually using “Serial Object” window or using the “Make Maintenance Aware” window, but both creates only one object at a time and not the underlying structure.

BR Kristian

icon

Best answer by TERKRTI 21 January 2022, 08:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @TERKRTI ,

As far as I know the above mentioned (objects can be created manually using “Serial Object” window or using the “Make Maintenance Aware” window, but both creates only one object at a time and not the underlying structure.) scenarios to create serial Object structure. 

Cheers,

Kushan

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Dear @TERKRTI 

If your Customer Order is not Fully Invoiced yet (Either In Delivered state or Invoiced/Closed state with a Preliminary Invoice), you can use below options to Undo the Customer Order Delivery and correct the mistake and Redo the delivery,

1. If Order is in Delivered state, Undo the Customer Order Delivery using Sales\Shipping\Undo Customer Order Delivery option, Tick the “Create SM Object” on CO Line and Redo the Delivery
  2. If Order is in Invoiced/Closed state with a Preliminary Invoice, Cancel the Preliminary Invoice, Undo the Customer Order Delivery using Sales\Shipping\Undo Customer Order Delivery option, Tick the “Create SM Object” on CO Line and Redo the Delivery

However, if the Order(s) are Fully Invoiced (Invoiced/Closed state with a Posted Invoice), you can’t use the above options. There you’ll probably have to do an RMA Return/Scrap the Parts, Re-receive the Serials and Send your customer Replacement Customer Order(s) I would say.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Kanishka Dilana 

I can see that as a workaround if there are only a few cases, but not as a process. I hope someone from RnD will see this and put it on the idea wall, as there could be many reasons someone wants to do this:

• Imagine a scenario where prices on certain microchips skyrockets and products are now overhauled rather than replaced :)
  • “Create SM Object” are unticked by human error and very large serial structures are therefore by accident not created. 

It could simply be a RMB on the part serial or a WO functionality triggering a slighly altered Equipment_Serial_Utility_API.Create_Object