Solved

Create partial credit invoice for WO

• 18 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Need to create a partial credit for an invoice that started in a task.  When we view the invoice preview to create a credit invoice, I can not change the quantity.  We have billed 100 hours but now want to credit 60 hours. Can you please let me know where can I change the quantity.

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 19 June 2021, 08:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

When you execute credit lines at original invoice, it will create two lines at sales tab. One as -100 and again another as postive 100.

here you can change the postive 100 as 60 as per your requirement and create invoice preview again.

Then change it to invoiceable 

then you can create invoice preview for new value

Then correct values will be in budget also ( To get correct budget values make sure to fully execute ( Post ) credit invoice also and new invoice too);

Further i noticed , if you stop the credit invoice at preliminary status, you can edit the Invoice value in line. I think this is bug, since system does not update budget values.

Hope this helps you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

When you execute credit lines at original invoice, it will create two lines at sales tab. One as -100 and again another as postive 100.

here you can change the postive 100 as 60 as per your requirement and create invoice preview again.

Then change it to invoiceable 

then you can create invoice preview for new value

Then correct values will be in budget also ( To get correct budget values make sure to fully execute ( Post ) credit invoice also and new invoice too);

Further i noticed , if you stop the credit invoice at preliminary status, you can edit the Invoice value in line. I think this is bug, since system does not update budget values.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation

The credit invoice at preliminary status, we can’t edit the Invoice value in lines. We have tried to edit those before approving but it was unable to edit. I think this is bug. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

When credit invoice is at preliminary status at customer invoice window , you can edit at “ Customer invoice line at customer invoice window” . Yet these values are not updated on Budget tab. Hence i believe it is never intended to edit at Customer invoice line. So i believe correct approach would be , editing additional line with correct value at sales tab, and going again with invoice preview.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

When credit invoice is at preliminary status at customer invoice window , you can edit at “ Customer invoice line at customer invoice window” . Yet these values are not updated on Budget tab. Hence i believe it is never intended to edit at Customer invoice line. So i believe correct approach would be , editing additional line with correct value at sales tab, and going again with invoice preview.

Hi Xavier,

I couldn’t be able to edit the customer invoice line at customer invoice window at preliminary status

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Nipun Gunaratne ,

System let users edit customer invoices at preliminery stage and this was flexibility coming from “ORDER” module.  You can edit both quantity and prices and this is well know flexibility.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Xavier Fernando Thank you for the explanation. That helps alot

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne ,

Hi @Xavier Fernando 

Really good explanation of this flow and yes the intended way is to edit the additional line and go through the invoice preview again.