Solved

Cloud 23R2SU3 – Cannot add a resource demand in work task

• 14 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Experts,

We are in the middle of an upgrade test from 22R2SU3 to 23R2SU3. When I try to add a person resource demand line (Prepare work order\work task\tab resources) with a resource id (if I create a demand without a resource id no issue, even if I add an allocation for such demand no issue ) I get below error.

I am not using request management functionality (only the previous work order flow), hence why would I asked to register a service site setting ?.

Is this a bug or have I miss any setup.

Can some one advise please ?

Thank you,

Roshan

P.S:

icon

Best answer by Dimuthu Madhushan 15 March 2024, 09:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

It says Maintenance/Service specific site setting. I think you have missed that one. It will be used in both Maintenance and Service area.

IFS Cloud Documentation

Hope this will help for you.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

It says Maintenance/Service specific site setting. I think you have missed that one. It will be used in both Maintenance and Service area.

IFS Cloud Documentation

Hope this will help for you.

Thanks

Hi Dimuthu,

Thank you for the response. I already have this setting. I think this is bug, can you try this with a user having person name different to the user id and check and let me know your results pls ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Prabhash,

Let me check.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Prabash,

I was not able to recreate this one for above scenario. But I got this error message when We have different Miant.Orgs in the WT and Site Settings in the Resource Set up. [Could you please check this as well].

Try below test plan.

1. Create a Work Task with Site 1 Maint Org XXX.

2. Create a Resource and in Maintenace/Service Tab Site Settings define Site as 1 and Maint.Org YYY.

3. Add a Resource Demand for the above task and select the LOV.

4. Above Resource is visible in the LOV but when selecting and saving, the system will give that validation. 

So, as you said there was an issue with this one. 

So, RnD have done some correction for this one in 23R2 SU4.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Prabash,

I was not able to recreate this one for above scenario. But I got this error message when We have different Miant.Orgs in the WT and Site Settings in the Resource Set up. [Could you please check this as well].

Try below test plan.

1. Create a Work Task with Site 1 Maint Org XXX.

2. Create a Resource and in Maintenace/Service Tab Site Settings define Site as 1 and Maint.Org YYY.

3. Add a Resource Demand for the above task and select the LOV.

4. Above Resource is visible in the LOV but when selecting and saving, the system will give that validation. 

So, as you said there was an issue with this one. 

So, RnD have done some correction for this one in 23R2 SU4.

Thanks

Thank you Dimuthu for clarifying it is not due to any setups. Also identify in which version it is fixed. !