Question

Block Resource from being planned when a WO is created for the connected Object

• 31 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Is there a way to make a Resource (Tool) not available in the Gantt when there is a work order created for the connected Tool/Equipment (or Service Object)? I want to be sure that the tool cannot be allocated in a period that the tool needs to be certified.

So I have create a Resource (type Tool/Equipment) and this is connected to a Tool equipment for which I created a maintenance plan for certification of the tool. Form the Maintenance plan I have create a work order and work task and I have released it. Now it would be great if I get a block to allocate the resource in the period of the work order. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Robert,

Have you tried using operational status with a type ‘Obstructive’ in work task. (you can add this in the task under object information and you can define operational status under maintenance\Basic data\Work order and PM Basic data\. and Work task should have plan dates and I think should be released). I have not tested this with resource monitoring gantt but might work

Regards,

Roshan

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Robert,

Have you tried using operational status with a type ‘Obstructive’ in work task. (you can add this in the task under object information and you can define operational status under maintenance\Basic data\Work order and PM Basic data\. and Work task should have plan dates and I think should be released). I have not tested this with resource monitoring gantt but might work

Regards,

Roshan

Hi,

As far as I know this type of blocking applied when using automatic scheduling like MPB. Also PSO might decide to not to double book if there was an ongoing allocation. But I don’t think it automatically applies when doing manual allocation via resource monitoring Gantt. Unless you somehow blocked the resource shift/or the tool manually it would appear schedulable for other work ( but please note I have limited experience in resource monitoring Gantt).

Best Regards,

Dilani

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Dilani and @wrprabash,

Thanks both for thinking about a solution.

I like the field Operational status, but this not seems to be working.

Maybe I can create an event which blocks the resource for being used when the Work Task is set to Released for a WT which has an operational status ‘Obstructive’.

I will discuss this also with my colleague @VinuP, maybe we can think of another solution as well.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@EqeRobertK It would be ideal if we get this information in Resource monitoring Gantt, so that we get connection between task (field ) level and planning level. Maybe a new idea for a future enhancement.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Can’t we use ‘Change Validity’ option to block/hide the tool until the certification task is over on tool/equipment ? Then tool will not be available anyways for allocation directly or through Gantt. Though block/hide operation will be manual operation.

Regards,

SJ

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi,

When looking at the Tool/Equipment page I saw this field,. I have never used it and is not sure how it’s intended to be used. When reading the field description it sounds like something that could be worth looking at?

Regards

Pelle

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Robert!

You have 2 options, where the Block is not the best in a pre planning scenario, even I I can suggest that option in same time that the tool is on the Calibration workshop.

The option that I will suggest is that you are allocating the tool/facility itself to the work task created for the calibration! when you do that, a dispatcher working in the allocate resource Gantt can directly see that the actual tool is occupied for calibration between the allocation dates.

PS: The suggested option has a limitation… if a user douse a manual assignment of the resource… but as long Allocate Resource and Monitoring Gantt is used, then all is visible.

Regards,

/Janne