Question

Add Project Connection after material is issued

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to add a project connection to this WO which gives me the following error message. i have tried rolling back the requisition, work tasks and un-issuing the material order. Have also tried deleting part lines and re-adding however still unable to add a project connection once the material order has been issued. 

there is also a similar issue where you are unable to change the project connection after which the WO has been progressed through the status. 

how do i add/change a project connection after the material order has been issued?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

hi @jbell31 ,

Project connection can be done before doing any transaction on work order.

Please refer below pre-requisites mentioned in the help documentation when you are connection a work order to a project activity:

• IFS/Project must have been installed along with IFS/Work Order.
  • Manual Connection for work order must be set to Allowed in Project/Manual Connections tab in IFS/Project.
  • The project must be in status Approved or Started.
  • The project activity must be in status Planned or Released.
  • The work tasks on the work order must not have any cost lines or invoiceable sales lines.
  • All the necessary basic data required for a work order must be performed in order for the Connect To Activity right mouse button option to be enabled (right-click and point to Project Connections).

Hope you now have the answer for your question 😊.

Best regards,

Nethmini

Badge +2

Hey Nethmini, 

What if there have already been cost lines or invoice-able sales lines transacted? What is the work around for this rather than having to delete the WO and start it again? If this is the only solution IFS should look into more flexibility considering a project connection is quite an important aspect of effective asset management. IE allocating budgets to WO such as Preventative Vs Corrective maintenance. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @jbell31 ,

It is even not possible for us to cancel a work order(which has tasks) with already created cost lines/Sale lines. If we have Personal type cost lines, then only we can delete the time report line and remove cost/sales lines.

When you have issued materials, even though they are now fully unissued it is technically not feasible to cancel WO/connect a project activity, in the current design, because system generates two transactions upon issue and then unissued, hence not possible to have one to one relation between them.

If you think IFS should have this requirement addressed in future releases, feel free to add your idea on IFS Community Ideas section.

Thanks & Best regards,

Nethmini