Solved

Wide screen issue - v15

• 11 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have a user with a wide screen (65” I think). He has an issue that pop-up screens look weird and are hard to use. Example:

Creating a new service order and change the caller (click +) 

The pop-up window looks like this:

On my “regular” system it looks a lot better, and is of course easy to work with:

Is there something that can be done (except setting up a multi-screen environment)?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 11 January 2022, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hmmm… Some questions:

• What is the resolution of his 65” monitor? 
  • Is the Astea Browser full screen or a window?  Try full screen if windowed.
  • There is a zoom indicator in the lower right of the Astea Browser, what impact does zooming out have?
  • What is the windows display setting for text size, etc. scaling?

(also look at Advanced scaling settings)

Finally what happens if he uses the control key + mouse scroll to zoom out (not just the zoom indicator in the lower right and then refresh the screen (or hit F5).

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I was able to reproduce a similar issue on my 4K monitor with the Change Size of text, apps and other items in the Display - Scale and Layout set to 350%.

When I reduce the size in the lower right to 50%, I would see more and can also drag the popup window to the right.

It has to do with the scaling it appears.  I am presuming this is because the technician needs this size monitor because of his eyes?  I don’t really have a solution for this other than what I described above or your suggestion for a second monitor.  

You could also try different configurations on the app level by using the compatibility mode in Windows 10:

Change High DPI settings and then select High DPI scaling overide as Application.

I can’t say this will work for your specific case as I don’t have that monitor to check it out, etc. On my system, I actually set my 4K monitor to 1920x1080 resolution to avoid such issues as I don’t need 4K to do my work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is what happened on my 4K monitor when I set it back to 4K and then used the compatibility option.  Note the background apps are still funky but the main Astea Browser is using the normal DPI and scaling for 4K.