Viewing Application Events for Hosted Solutions

• 10 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Clients using the hosted Alliance solution can view application error logs via the Log Viewer module in the Alliance Employee Portal.  This can be achieved by disabling Event Log logging mode.

Steps to enable database-level event logging:

1. Navigate to the Configuration Editor module
  2. Click the Configuration > Globals section
  3. Set IsEventLogLoggingMode to False
  4. Click the save icon

Steps to view and export application events:

1. Navigate to the Log Viewer module
  2. Click the Refresh button to refresh the log
  3. The log can be exported using the “Export” button and if necessary, sent to IFS Alliance Support.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Andrew,

I would assume the same process applies for on-premise customers as well?

Thanks and Regards,

Ugo

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Andrew, this is great. Does writing the events to the event_logs table take a lot of server capacity? (i.e. should we be careful about modifying this config to false when azure is processing a lot of services?) Would mostly be doing it in UAT but just checking if we should treat it as an option for troubleshooting production issues as well.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Andrew,

On a similar nor ,it is highly recommended that DEBUG MODE be to set to FALSE, as longer term, it may cause unpredictable performance related issues.

Regards,

Ugo

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Andrew, this is great. Does writing the events to the event_logs table take a lot of server capacity? (i.e. should we be careful about modifying this config to false when azure is processing a lot of services?) Would mostly be doing it in UAT but just checking if we should treat it as an option for troubleshooting production issues as well.

Hi Kevin,

There should be no significant performance impact as long as Debug mode is set to False as stated in Ugo’s comment above.  Setting Debug mode to true will cause the application to insert each transaction into the event log.  If Debug mode is set to false, then only errors and warnings should be logged, which shouldn’t be too frequent.

Thank you,
Andrew