Solved

view problem

• 24 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

is it possible to reduce the amount of text of the “Problem Text” in the Customer Support order queue ?

Often the problem text is so large that it takes nearly a whole screen. Can we reduce it by displaying only the first lines or characters so the text takes only a few lines of space ?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 24 January 2022, 17:09

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

One possibility is to use the Short Description field (it has a limit of 60 characters), and then hide the Problem Description field in table view

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

can we automatically fill the Short Description field with the first 60 characters of the problem text this is entered ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Is it an option to have the Short Description mandatory and have the back office endter a short summary?

I assume you can set up a job that does this, or even do it backend i SQL. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I think Bjørn’s suggestion might be the only solution as I don’t see any option to limit the number of lines displayed as it auto-expands based on the text.  I will ask development but don’t expect a different answer.

(I am referring to populating the short description and removing the problem description from the search results)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You should be able to create a process flow which would populate the first set of characters of the problem description into the short description.  I would do this as an event triggered process related to the customer support order upon creation so it only happens when the order is created initially.