Solved

V15.4SU4 - web dispatch console

• 28 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi in V15.4SU4 in the web dispatch console we are enable to drag and drop an activity which is indicated as fixed appointment (as we can do on the Astea Browser).

Is it a bug or a functionality not yet implemented ?

Thanks for your feedback

Christophe

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 28 March 2023, 14:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I believe the DC will not allow you to drag/dop the activity/work order if it is a Fixed Appointment.

According to the Dispatch Console User Guide - Browser Agnostic.pdf, the validation rules for drag and drop are:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Ok Phil but how we schedule an activity in that case ? we need to open it and select the technician ?  it looks strange and not efficient at all.

Rgds

Christophe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I understand what you are saying but this seems to be the only way.  First, if you hover the mouse over the workorder, you will see it is a fixed appointment:

After this, you left click on the work order and choose the option view activity.

Which will open the activity.  I don’t know any other way to do this from the DC itself unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Christophe,

I discussed this further with R&D and they are making a change to remove the validation for Fixed Appointments so it would be possible drag & drop.  This should be delivered with SU5 when that becomes available.

The developer did not feel it was possible to make a ‘patch hotfix’ for this so it will only be changed with SU5.

In the meantime, the solution I confirmed for you above is the only way to handle the assignment.