Solved

Update Priority on open Service Orders via import v 12.5

• 15 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Is it possible to update the status of open service orders via Excel import? Our dispatchers would like to do this on a regular basis. And doing it manually is too time consuming

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 15 October 2021, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Bjørn, 

Yes, this should be possible to do but I don't have an existing import to do it.  You would use the Import Utility to create this and tell it to load from an Excel sheet.  Be sure you use the order_line.order_id as the search key to ensure it only picks up that specific row.

Please review the Integration Guide supplied with your Alliance 12.5 setup.

Also note, it will not be possible to update to any and all status (your question was about status but the title was priority which is not a status) as some are restricted based on the current status. Alliance business objects don't allow you to jump the queue so to speak.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m not an expert on the Import Utility so I can’t comment on whether that can be used to update the order status field, but have you looked into the Escalation Rule Builder utility on V12?  You may be able to create an escalation rule that will increase the priority of an order after X amount of hours (which could then eliminate the need for the dispatchers to create/import the Excel spreadsheet data).

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks - they don’t weant to do this for all orders, but pick those that need a change in priority - so Excel-import is the most flexible for us in this scenario