Solved

Territory and Dispatch Console

• 22 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

In Alliance we can define some Territories and add some people to these territories.

Do you know if it’s possible to use them with the Dispatch Console (Eventually with a BRD : in the past did you had this kind of requirements ?)
Use Case : For a Technician : you can define his territories for the planification and you can use skills also to define his skills relevant for activities : printers, computers, etc…

The goal is to use Territories and Skills in the dispatch console : As criteria of filter, as criteria to allocate a technician.

Thanks and Regards

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 22 November 2022, 16:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We use Nodes for this. Is that impractical for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Bjørn's work around is a valid one as we do not have any filtering capabilities in the Dispatch Console by Territory.  (I just looked in 15.4 SU1).

I was looking to see if either Filter SA's or Filter Activities even mentioned Territory as an option to filter and they do not.

Another possibility is to perhaps defined Territories as skills as well and use this in the filter along with the normal skills.

Outside of that, it looks like it would be a change request to build these types of boundaries into the system.  Preference would be nodes but if you have already set up your node structure, it may not be feasible or desireable.  Thus skills is a little more easy to implement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi 

Thanks for your contributions.
Node is not valid for the customer context because we are working by market.
Yes, the workaround Skills is an option, but before use it, I would like to be sure that territory was not an option without BRD.

Thanks and regards
anthony