Solved

Service queue alternative

Badge +2

HI -we will be moving to Astea version 15 . previously in 14 we  would use Service Queue for our “pool queue” for all jobs to drop in to and then various people take them into their own queues to work on . What alternative modules do people use that would have that same function ? 

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 12 April 2024, 11:13

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Kim,

Please try ‘My Tasks’

Regards,

Joshua

Badge +2

Thanks Joshua but we use MY Tasks as our own queue. Essentially we have two queues , The first queue is where all the jobs come into when logged -this is our Service Queue where we have 4 people taking jobs out into their own MY Tasks then proceed to triage them .   We can use Activity Tracker but Service Queue used to work much cleaner . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kim,

Is your goal to view the service order activities that have not been assigned or the unassigned service orders?

If it is unassigned service orders, you can always use the service order module and define criteria where the order is OPEN and perhaps define the action group representing the team (if action group assigned but no service agents).  The search criteria can be saved as a view so you don't have to set the criteria every time.  Your users can then open the order and click self-assign (or assign to another resource if needed) once the order is open.

Otherwise, if you are looking at activity level, I think you already found Activity Tracking.

Please don't forget you can modify the view for which criteria you want filters or displayed in the scroller results for these modules and save this as a view.  Perhaps this would make it ‘cleaner’ for your usage?

Badge +2

Thanks so much Phil .

We use CS orders to come in then if a tech required these are then routed to a SV .

Essentially we used Service queue and set filters for all our CS jobs to drop into then assigning to our own my task to work on and then route to SV order where needed . I am looking for an alternative we can use for the service queue where we can set filters to receive CS jobs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Kim,

Ok, so use the Customer Support module if you are only processing the queue from the order level first to pick up orders that are status open.

Otherwise Activity Tracking filtered by the Order Type field if only to see the list of customer support order activities.

This is the closest you will get to service queue. I believe you should set up an organization view by logging in as a customizer, goto Activity Tracking, change the screen filters appropriately by adding/removing fields, setting order type to customer support and save the view which will be available to all your users as an organization view since you saved while logged in as a customizer.

Hope this helps.

Badge +2

Thanks so much Phil 

I think Activity tracking may have to be the one - not sure why they took out service queue as we use it a lot for all sorts of things . 

you have been very helpful -appreciate it 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Kimmie @Phil Seifert

I don’t know if it can help in your goals, but there is a field available in both screens : Customer Support and Service Order that can be used to filter orders, and is in the QBE also : Owner
In your process, if this field is not used for a specific usage, it can be used to filter orders.
The Field Owner is available in the ITIL tab.

Regards

anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, Anthony!

I think the real issue for Kim is that the Service Queue allowed you to right click on the task (without actually going into the order) to perform actions (assign, reject, resolve, etc.).  This was a specific development for the Astea Browser only:

Now, they will have to find the orders and actually go into them to assign to themselves which is a little more work than what was done in the old Service Queue.  Finding the orders was not the real issue I think, but how to handle them once they are found.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Phil Seifert

Ok Thanks Phil, Great Shortcut !
I don’t know what can be the effort but we can imagine a button like “Action” button that we now have in the Installed item transaction to create an order.  

Regards

anthony

Badge +2

Thanks Guys 

Phil that is pretty much it - we assign to ourselves and it goes into our own my tasks . We can then work on the job . We have 4 people grabbing jobs to work on out of the service queue so having to now go in and actually have to put our own name into it instead of right click assign myself and then save is rather clunky . As you can image with 4 people taking jobs out of the one queue this will result in quite a few trying to be  taken by more than one person at a time . The issue with that is you do not know until all your notes have been written and you try and save it only to get a message that it is assigned to someone else -very annoying . I have not seen the “assign myself”  on Activity tracking which is the only queue I have found that may almost work the same way . Not sure if it can be activated in any way ?