Solved

Select new Template when renewing a contract

• 20 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

If we use “Save-As” to create a copy of a contract, there is the option of selecting a different Contract Template.  It would be nice if that option was also available when renewing a contract too, since sometimes we are changing from one type to another (for example going from the Warranty Contract to a regular one).  Is there any option to select a different template when renewing, or could there be?

We are using V14.5

icon

Best answer by Andrew D'Antonio 23 September 2021, 19:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The only way that I can think of is if you renew the contract to a quotation and then update the template on the quotation prior to releasing to a new contract.  You cannot change the contract template while extending the contract because it may change the terms of the previous renewal period.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the suggestion. On a Contract Quotation, the only place I know to change the template is on the OOS lines, so I would need to change every item at level 1, one by one.  Then in the header it shows “Contract Template: Mixed” which is not ideal.

Is there a way to change the template for the entire contract quotation in one place?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If while in a Customer Contract, you can go to the “Save As” page and select “Save as Quotation”. On this screen, there is a field for Contract Template where you can select a new contract template.  Once saved, a new Contract Quotation will be created and it can be released as a new contract.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Andrew,

Thanks, that’s what we are doing already but I was hoping we could do the same via the renewal route.  The Save As is good but then we have to change the dates of course and the contract doesn’t show up as “renewed” as it would if renewed.

Thanks for your support