Solved

Restricted Inventory : Allow auto create of bin/part in a warehouse for consigned or reserved inventory

• 2 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,
First, I wish you, Community, a happy new year ! 😉

For a customer use case, I would like to know your advices or use cases for this setting :

Allow auto create …

1/ Could you explain the use case and the impact on the receiving process if it’s unchecked or checked.
I made some tests (for a Customer with Use Reserved Inventory), but I didn’t find the main difference, maybe because I didn’t use the good process or other settings linked to this one.

2/ Does it work if we make a Misc. reception for many customers or is it required to make a Misc Reception for 1 customer identified in the header ?

Thanks and Regards.

anthony

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 2 January 2023, 14:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Anthony,

Happy New Year to you as well.

From the ST-2 Global Application Setup Guide:

So basically what should happen is if this is not checked, you will not be able to receive a restricted/consigned part into the specified warehouse bin unless that part is already linked to that bin.

What you should do to test this is to move any such products out of the bin for the warehouse and then removed the bin part association.  Then do a receiving of some type (miscellaneous or PO receipt), it should not allow you to do the receipt if this is unchecked.

When it is enabled, the bin - part association is created at the time of the receiving if none exists.

Hope this helps.