Solved

Refresh interval

• 13 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Can we set the Refresh Interval in Customer Support and Service Order by default to a specific time ?

When you open the module, the Refresh Interval = 0. You have to change it manually.

Is there also a possibility to set it to 15 seconds, now the minimum is 1 minute ?

icon

Best answer by Phil Seifert 26 January 2022, 08:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This is a personal setting for the user.

Further, setting it to 15 seconds is not possible as it is done by the minute by design.  There will be large data resource loads if all the backend employees (think some companies might have hundreds) are executing queries to refresh this list of tickets constantly.  I would be concerned even setting it to 1 minute.

I understand that your goal is likely to try to make QBE as real time as possible but think about this, let’s say you do somehow make it 15 seconds but the user does not react within the refresh time to open the link and it refreshes again before they click the link and the data set rearranges because of new data.

I don’t really advise refreshing too often.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I think there is an option in Prompts (Cust. Support)  called Session Time.. haven’t tested this myself, I might be wrong.. what do you think @Phil Seifert ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Where do I have to set that personal Setting ?

If I set the interval to 1 minute, I log out and log in again, the interval is 0 minutes again.

Is that setting not saved and do you have to select this again every time you open the module ?

We need a default Refresh Interval (1 minute is OK) to be set when an employee opens the module to avoid people to “forget”to do it

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Pranavan,

I believe that setting is used to change colors on the screen while you are in the order, not manage the QBE session refresh.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@PDesrumaux You can save custom views using this option.. just provide a name and use the save button

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Pranavan,

I believe that setting is used to change colors on the screen while you are in the order, not manage the QBE session refresh.

Ah ok thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Pranavan - correct, the changed setting is saved with the view itself.

I know Piet’s company is creating organization views and this would have to be configured for each view and not a global setting for all views.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Apparently, the refresh rate is not saved with the view. It looks like each employee has to set the refresh rate individually and specific for each module. 

Can the refresh rate be added in the organization view so when any employee logs in and selects the standard organization view, we are sure that the refresh rate is set and not 0 as is default ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

No, the refresh rate is only saved with the personal views. Even if it were saved with the organization view, the user can change this at anytime.